Witnessing the breathtaking view with the turquoise blue ocean, crystal clear water, golden sun, and your favourite drink in your hand! Doesn’t that sound gorgeous? Well if you want this then without searching for any other place plan your trip now to Maldives. Now is the time when you can plan your trip to Maldives- a perfect picturesque and family spot.
This island has so many alluring things for the visitors and especially the water sports and this is the reason why the months from December to April are considered as the best months to visit Maldives. It is a true paradise on earth with so much green and blue amalgamated on one land.
Now moving ahead to the top places to visit in Maldives you need not worry about as I am going to present some of the best places to visit in Maldives. It will be a super fun trip for you.
Male: Sprawling Capital of Maldives
It is one of the world’s smallest and well organized national capital. It has so many ancient mosques (with Old Friday Mosque being the oldest mosque in the city), pristine beaches, bustling markets, and colorful buildings, and is quite famous among honeymooners and water sports lovers. It is a perfect gateway to relax and a perfect treat to the eyes with the phenomenal scenery.
- The fact to know: It is a trade and tourist center.
- Things to do: Swimming, kayaking, and wakeboarding are the sports to enjoy here.
- Best time to visit: November to April are the best months to visit.
Vaadhoo Island: Sea of Stars (Mesmerizing)
One of the most gorgeous and top places to visit in Maldives that has always been on my wish list. At a younger age, I have always heard of stars coming on land at night in the Maldives but that is actually the bioluminescent phenomenon also known as the Sea of Stars. This whole area looks absolutely phenomenal when you see a brilliant blue glow under the moonlight.
- Fact to know: The glow change only occurs when it is not disturbed, if there is any not-so-favorable human activity going on then the sea of stars will not appear.
- Things to do: You can also swim in the glowing water. Wow how amazing it would be; perfectly safe for humans.
- Best Time to visit: June and October are considered the best months to see this beauty.
COMO Cocoa Island: Beauty not in Imagination but in Reality
Well, the whole of Maldives is filled with so many islands but it is incomplete without this beauty- COMO Cocoa Island. A perfect sandy beach that is a haven for rejuvenation. You can enjoy the most amazing hospitality service here with the 5-star accommodation. It is a place to live and relax.
- Fact to know: It is locally known as Makunufushi.
- Things to do: scuba diving, swimming pools, snorkeling, etc. are the activities for you to enjoy
- Best Time to visit: November to April
Maafushi Island: Mix of Local and Tourist Spot
If you are looking for a place that is full of fun and thrilling activities, then this is the perfect spot. Vacations are all about fun and relaxation, obviously, you do rest at home but at Maafushi island then exhilarating water sports become must. The clear blue water asks you to come, dive in and enjoy various activities.
- Fact to know: This island is home to over 2700 people of Maldives.
- Things to do: Scuba diving, snorkeling, dolphin safari, and also enjoy the lip-smacking food
- Best Time to Visit: November to April are the best months to visit the best places in Maldives.
Mirihi Island: Out-of-the-world Luxury with a Great View
If you are looking for a place that takes you away from the digital world, then this is the perfect place completely isolated from the outside world. There are no distractions like television and if you keep the mobiles at bay then that is the cherry on the top. It is a very romantic place and a destination for detox. Additionally, you can take a rejuvenating spa.
- Fact to know: First island in Maldives with overwater bungalows and hosting tourists since 1989.
- Things to do: Enjoy several water sports like scuba diving and snorkeling and then go on a romantic date with your partner.
- Best time to visit: July to October are considered the best months
Baros Island: Pristine White Beaches with Green Palm Around
It is considered one of the top-notch islands of Maldives where you will find the crowd minimum. The sun-kissed beaches and the lavish resorts are the apples of the eye of this island. It is an ideal vacation destination and also a treat for honeymooners where can stay in water villas and enjoy the lucrative services.
- Fact to know: Not just an island but a resort in itself.
- Things to do: Scuba diving, coral reef, scuba diving, etc. can be done here.
- Best time to visit: November to March are the best months to visit.
Fulhadhoo Island: Soak in the Serenity of the Gorgeous Island
How about the walk on the white sand beaches with the clear turquoise blue water and the big palm trees around? Well, can there be anything more peaceful than this? The whole together makes the island look pristine and divine and it cannot be left unexplored. It is a place that allows you to spend quality time with your partner.
- Fact to know: It is a part of Baa Atoll but geographically disjointed from it.
- Things to do: Stay at luxury resorts, enjoy underwater life with snorkeling, swimming, etc.
- Best time to visit: July to October are the perfect months to visit Fulhadoo island.
The Muraka- Conrad: Unique Underwater Residential Experience
If you haven’t booked your stay over here, then trust me you have to do it right now. It is a 2-level undersea villa that lets you sleep under the water and offers you to have a surreal view along all the comforts of a private chef and butler, rejuvenating through a spa, infinity pool, and more. Trust me one of the most satisfying places in Maldives.
- Fact to know: It is World’s first underwater villa.
- Things to do: Jet skiing, snorkeling, spa, swimming at the infinity pool, witnessing different sea creatures, etc.
- Best time to visit: Visit anytime throughout the year.
Kanuhura Island: Walk around Brefoot Imbibing the Freshness
Maldives isn’t just for the honeymooners, in fact, it is an outstanding destination for the kids as well, but coming with family. Kanuhura Island is set up with five-star luxury amenities villas taking care of your children and providing them the best enjoyment time. The kids club is also there for the kids to enjoy several activities.
- Fact to know: It measures 1000m in length and 200m in width with a north-south orientation.
- Things to do: Surfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, different sports courts, etc.
- Best time to visit: October, November, and December are the best months to visit.
Banana Reef: Virtual Heaven on Earth
One of the most ancient reefs in the Maldives i.e. bedizened with sumptuous colorful coral reefs, beautiful caves, and populated with the big water animals. Sharks and groupers can be commonly seen and the clear visibility work gives the picture-perfect view to the divers. The dive range is from 5 to 30 meters underwater.
- Fact to know: Banana-shaped first dive site discovered in Maldives.
- Things to do: Scuba diving, jet skiing, snorkeling, etc. can be enjoyed here.
- Best time to visit: May to July are the perfect months for visitors to enjoy the Banana Reef.
So, which location are you choosing among all these best places to visit in Maldives? Such a beautiful, calm, serene, colorful, and rejuvenating environment with thrilling water sports makes each part of Maldives interesting. Moreover, now it is just not for the honeymooners but perfect for the family vacation as well. so, plan now and enjoy the blissful experience of Maldives.