Singapore is referred to as the “Lion City,” filled with tradition, culture, and diverse destinations that offer attractive attractions for all travelers. From exploring futuristic skyscrapers to lush gardens and cultural enclaves, there are tons of places to explore and things to do in Singapore. In the shadow of Singapore’s rich culture and infrastructure, you can immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere. Singapore offers an unforgettable experience to all travelers that they can’t ever forget.
If you are someone who is planning a Singapore trip for the first time, then it could be an overwhelming task. You could be misled, and we won’t let it happen. We have created this detailed blog post for you where you will get all the details about the best places to visit in Singapore, things to do in Singapore, and much more. So through this blog post, you can be confident to visit Singapore and make unforgettable memories.
Top 10 Places To Visit In Singapore
Singapore is among the top travel destinations in the world. People choose to travel to Singapore because of its rich culture and historic heritage beauty. There are a bunch of beautiful places to visit in Singapore. Let’s get to know about the top 10 places to visit in Singapore here:
1. Gardens By The Bay
Gardens By The Bay is among the best travel places to explore in Singasign and greeny atmosphere feels so soothing that you can’t forget.
Urban paradise, OCBC skyway, panoramic view of Marina Bay Skyline, and the sprawling Gardens make it even more beautiful to experience. For a better experience, you should explore the two climate-controlled conservations: the flower dome and the cloud forest.
- How To Reach – You can reach the Gardens By The Bay while using public transportation or cabs. The locality of this beautiful place is 18 Marina Gardens Dr, Singapore 018953.
- Things To Do – You can explore different gardens that are truly the symbol of nature and peace. Urban Paradise and Marina Bay Skyline can be great choices to experience life.
- Nearby Attractions – Bay East Garden, Supertree Grove, and World’s Tallest Indoor Waterfall at Cloud Forest Dome are the most attractive places to visit in Gardens By The Bay.
- Best Time To Visit – You can visit Gardens By The Bay during its opening hours. Usually, people visit around morning time for a better experience.
- Timings – The opening house of the Gardens By The Bay starts from 5 am to 2 am for outdoor gardens and 9 am to 9 pm for conservatories and OCBC Skyway.
- Distance From The Airport & Railway Station – The distance of the airport from Gardens By The Bay is 14.7 km away, and the Bayfront Ave railway station is 983 meters away from this garden which takes 13 min walk to reach.
2. Botanical Gardens
You can’t miss Botanic Gardens because it is worth visiting while in Singapore. The true green atmosphere of this place will make you feel refreshed.
This famous place is the best part of Singapore as it receives many nature lovers’ attention, and inside this garden, you can experience the star attraction and Singapore’s National flower Orchid. The Botanic Gardens also have many beautiful lakes decorated with ducks and swans.
- How To Reach – You can use different transportation options available such as SBS transit, Orchard MRT station, taxi, and using your own private vehicles.
- Things To Do – You can explore the Vanda Miss Joaquim Grove, learning forest, evolution garden, and rain forest.
- Nearby Attractions – Orchard Road, the national museum of Singapore, SAM at 8Q, and Hong San See Temple are the beautiful places to visit around the Botanical Garden.
- Best Time To Visit – Morning hours are the ideal time to visit the Botanical Garden. You would feel the true nature in the morning.
- Timings – You can visit the Botanical Garden from 5 AM to 12 AM on weekdays.
- Distance From The Airport & Railway Station
Changi Airport is 25km away from the Botanical Garden, and the Orchard MRT station is 4km away from this beautiful garden.
3. Sri Mariamman Temple
Sri Mariamman, located in Chinatown, was made in 1827. It is one of the most famous Hindu temples in Singapore. A long time ago, the temple was named Mariamman Kovil or the Kling Street Temple.
The people of Cuddalore and Nagapatnam locale of South India have faith in this beautiful and famous place. This famous temple is sculptured with beautiful designs. It includes six big towers.
- How To Reach – You can use the metro station, bus, taxi, or cab services to reach the Mariamman Temple easily.
- Things To Do – You can explore Gardens By The Bay, Marina Bay Sands, and Buddha Tooth Relic Temple.
- Nearby Attractions – Along with Sri Mariamman Temple, you can also visit Sri Sivan Temple, Yueh Hai Ching Temple, and Chettiars Temple.
- Best Time To Visit – You should visit in the morning and evening time. In the morning and evening, you can attend the aarti also.
- Timings – The opening hours of this temple are from 5.30 am to noon and 6 pm to 9 pm daily.
- Distance From The Airport & Railway Station – The distance between Sri Mariamman Temple and Singapore Changi is about 27 km. You can walk 44 meters away to reach the metro station.
4. MacRitchie Reservoir
MacRitchie is among the top places in Singapore that can make you feel refreshed or relaxed with a walk. This place was made to store rainwater, and it is still used under Singapore’s water catchment system.
The reservoir serves as a special site to explore where nature lovers and water sports enthusiasts can enjoy their hearts. You can walk through the tree-top, and it also allows you to walk over a long bridge, which can make you feel like you are on top of the world.
- How To Reach – You can use bus 52 from Bishan Interchange, Farrer Road MRT, and by your private car also.
- Things To Do – You can experience the reservoir on a Kayak, and try freshwater fishing. You can also try photoshoots along with the Treetop Walk.
- Nearby Attractions – You can explore the Fountain of Wealth, Japanese Garden, Science Centre, and Botanic Garden also, along with MacRitchie Reservoir.
- Best Time To Visit – You could visit there in the early morning. Taking a walk in MacRitchie Reservoir in the morning can make you feel amazing.
- Timings – Opening hours start from 7 AM to 7 PM.
- Distance From The Airport & Railway Station – The Caldecott MRT station is 10 min away from the MacRitchie Reservoir, and the Singapore Changi Airport is 18km away from this place.
5. Buddha Tooth Relic Temple
The Buddha Tooth Relic Temple is truly a religious place for all Buddhists. It is home to the Sacred Buddha Tooth Relic as well as other Sacred Buddha Relics.
All the devotees can learn about Buddhism and Buddha’s teachings by exploring the Museum, and various Halls are available there. You should spend at least an hour to experience the divine energy.
- How To Reach – You can visit Buddha Tooth Relic Temple by using the metro. Other options for transportation are also available. Volunteer guides are also available free of cost.
- Things To Do – You can explore the beautiful architecture of temples, sacred artifacts, Giant stupas, and some entertainment in cultural events and performances, along with visiting the roof garden.
- Nearby Attractions – You can visit Sri Sivan Temple, Sasanaransi Buddhist Temple, Thian Hock Keng Temple, and Maxwell food center also.
- Best Time To Visit – You should visit Buddha Tooth Relic Temple during its working hours from 9 AM to 6 PM.
- Timings – You can visit this temple from 9 am to 6 pm daily for Museum and stupa Chamber and 7 am to 7 pm daily for other areas.
- Distance From The Airport & Railway Station – The distance between Singapore Changi Airport and Chinatown MRT station from Buddha Tooth Relic Temple is 27 km and 1.5 km.
6. Clarke Quay
Clarke Quay is one of the top tourist places in Singapore. This place belongs to Singapore’s past, which is still happening today. The erstwhile commercial center from the 19th Century is still popular for its famous restaurants, trending pubs, waterfront entertainment shows, and pushcart vendors.
This place is perfect for travelers, where they can have delicious food and drinks while experiencing the waterfront shows.
- How To Reach – You can read Clarke Quay by using a 1min walk to MRT, and a 2min walk to the bus stand. You can also book your private cab.
- Things To Do – You can also explore the Singapore River, the Asian Civilizations Museum, the Statue of Sir Stamford Raffles, and Fort Canning Park.
- Nearby Attractions – You can also visit River Taxis, Zirca nightclub, G-Max reverse bungee, and Cannery anchor tenants around Clarke Quay.
- Best Time To Visit – Evening to night hours would be amazing to visit because night lights make it more attractive in the evening hours.
- Timings – Clarke Quay opens from 10 AM to 10 PM.
- Distance From The Airport & Railway Station – The distance between Singapore Changi Airport and Clarke Quay MRT station from Clarke Quay is 20km and 1.5km.
7. Boat Quay
Boat Quay is the best place for all art lovers. In Boat Quay, you can learn a variety of art forms which range from painting to trekking through mazes of mangroves. You can also get the age-old way of how they catch prawns here.
Boat Quay is an amazing place to visit in Singapore for all visitors. Be ready with your camera to capture the most beautiful pictures of the beautiful backgrounds here.
- How To Reach – In Singapore, you can reach Boat Quay by using MRT or bus services. Apart from this, you can also hire a private car for a more convenient journey.
- Things To Do – You can explore Tekka Place, Trapeze Rec. Club, DrSpa, Fann Origins Beauty Wellness, and much more.
- Nearby Attractions – You can visit Peranakan Houses, Chinatown, Joo Chiat Street, and Geylang Serai Market around Boat Quay.
- Best Time To Visit – You should visit Boat Quay anytime in the day because it can be exciting for the entire day.
- Timings – Opening hours are from 7 AM to 7 PM.
- Distance From The Airport & Railway Station – The distance between Singapore Changi Airport and Clarke Quay MRT station from Clarke Quay is 19 km and 1 km.
8. Underwater World
The Underwater world is among the top places to visit in Singapore. The oceanarium in Underwater World has 2,500 marine animals of over 250 species brought from across the world. You can find it similar to the S.E.A. Aquarium, but there are lots of differences to understand.
Through S.E.A. Aquarium, you can have live experiences with marine beings, but the Underwater World has ocean animals and corals that are hard to experience anywhere else in the world.
- How To Reach – You can use HarbourFront MRT Station to reach the underwater world. It is the nearest Station to reach the aquarium.
- Things To Do – There are lots of aquariums available to visit. You can explore water shows, enjoy water parks, dolphin shows, and much more. S.E.A. Aquarium is the most famous place to visit there.
- Nearby Attractions – You can visit water shows, enjoy water parks, dolphin shows, and much more.
- Best Time To Visit – You can visit the underwater world during the weekdays from Monday to Friday. Just after opening hours, you can have the best experience of this water place.
- Timings – The underwater world opens from 10 Am to 7 PM.
- Distance From The Airport & Railway Station – The distance between Singapore Changi Airport and Lmbiah MRT station from Underwater World is 25 km and 1.4 km.
9. Singapore Zoo
Singapore Zoo can be adventurous if you are also an adventure lover. It has the world’s best rainforest zoo, and that’s why Singapore Zoo is the most loved tourist attraction.
The Singapore Zoo is the home of lions, zebras, parakeets, rhinos, mole rats, white tigers, kangaroos, a Komodo dragon, beautiful snakes, and many other creatures. This is a great place to explore the wildest animals brought from different regions of Asia.
- How To Reach – The best way to explore Singapore Zoo while hiring a guided tram ride is to make sure that you don’t miss any adventure there.
- Things To Do – Singapore Zoo is the hub of adventure activities. You can enjoy breakfast and lunch with wildlife. Along with this night safari, feeding animals, and taking RepTopia Tour can add more fun to your life.
- Nearby Attractions – You can also visit the Japanese Garden, Singapore Botanic Garden, Imm Outlet Mall, and Bukit Timah Nature Reserve along with Singapore Zoo.
- Best Time To Visit – You should visit Singapore Zoo around 12 PM to 1 PM for the best experience.
- Timings – You can visit Singapore Zoo from 8:30 AM to 6:00 PM.
- Distance From The Airport & Railway Station – The distance between Singapore Seletar Apt Airport and Khatib MRT station from Singapore Zoo is 8.7 km and 4.9 km.
10. S.E.A. Aquarium
The S.E.A. Aquarium in Singapore is among the top places to explore. This aquarium is the home of creatures and more than 1,000 species of marine life.
The S.E.A. aquarium has hammerhead sharks, bottlenose dolphins, and stingrays. There are huge sea animals present to explore by millions of people who come to see them from the entire world. If you love the ocean and ocean animals, then S.E.A. Aquarium is going to be the most loved and attractive place on your bucket list.
- How To Reach – The best way to reach the S.E.A. Aquarium is by taking HarbourFront MRT Station. Apart from this, you can also book your personal cab if you are not a public transportation person.
- Things To Do – You can visit adventure cove waterpark, the maritime experiential museum, the festival walk at RWS, explore Lake of Dreams, and much more.
- Nearby Attractions – The most attractive places around the S.E.A. Aquarium are Universal Studio Singapore, Resort World Sentosa, and Skyline Luge Singapore.
- Best Time To Visit – You should visit the S.E.A. Aquarium during weekdays shortly after it opens in the morning.
- Timings – S.E.A. Aquarium opening hours start from 10 AM to 7 PM.
- Distance From The Airport & Railway Station – The distance between Singapore Changi Airport and HarbourFront MRT station from the S.E.A. Aquarium is 25 km and 6 km.
Singapore is among the top travel destinations around the globe. People love to explore everything about Singapore and its true beauty that takes their breath away. If you are planning your Singapore trip for the very first time, then you need to get all the details about Singapore and its local places to explore.
In this blog, we have covered most of the details about how you should plan your trip to Singapore, the best time to visit places to visit in Singapore, things to do in Singapore, and much more.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you need a visa for a Singapore visit.
Kaya toast, chili crab, fish head curry, laksa, roti prata, and Hainanese chicken rice are the top dishes to have in Singapore.
Local people usually speak English, Singaporean Mandarin, Malay, and Tamil in Singapore.
The best time to travel to Singapore is February to April.
There are lots of religious places in Singapore. A few of them are the Buddha tooth relic temple, Sultan mosque, Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple, Sri Mariamman Temple, and many more.